Keep your Air Conditioning Unit working efficiently this summer
It’s summertime and it’s HOT! There are so many fun things to do to beat the heat during this time of year. So, while you are out enjoying family, friends and fun, take proper steps to keep your home’s Air Conditioning Unit running smoothly for when you return. Here are a few items to remember:
1. Take the time to make sure your Air Conditioning Unit starts and shuts off properly using your controls. Also, make sure it operates properly. This is a good habit to get into!
2. If you’re going to be out of the house or away, turn your Air Conditioner (thermostat) up. If you have a timer, set it and forget it so your Air Conditioning Unit is ready to go and cooling your house before you get back home.
3. The drain in your Air Conditioning Unit can get clogged, and when this happens, it makes it harder to run and also can cause water damage.
4. Make a monthly habit of changing the air filters in your Air Conditioning Unit. If it’s dirty, it will decrease efficiency and reduce the life of your Heating & Cooling system.
5. Also, check and clean the Condenser and Evaporator Coils. If these coils get dirty, it may cause your Air Conditioning Unit to run longer because the system won’t function properly. This will cause your electric bill to be much high than it should be.
So have some fun in the sun while the heat is high, but make sure to do your due-diligence in your home to keep it cool and comfy and running efficiently.
Don’t forget you can always call us at 800-564-3382 or schedule a service call online if you need air conditioner repair.